ARMED FORCES FINANCIAL SERVICES
Armed Forces Financial Services (AFFS) is committed to ensuring all of our clients are treated fairly. We provide Independent Mortgage Advice in the following areas only; Mortgages, Protection and Equity Release, we do not offer advice on Direct Deals in any of those areas. If after discussing your situation you should require advice in any other area we will be happy to refer you to a specialist adviser. We strongly embrace the FCA initiative of Treating Customers Fairly and will ensure we show this by carrying out the following;
- After your initial contact with AFFS we will confirm to you in writing any information and documents that will be required in order to provide you with the advice requested.
- We will inform you of appropriate timescales in which we will provide this advice to you after receiving the information from you.
- We will be courteous and professional at all times.
- We will communicate clearly and honestly, particularly in relation to disclosure documents. We do not charge a fee to HM Forces, serving or retired or Civil Servants, serving or retired. We charge a fee of £795.00 minus any fee received from the lender for all other clients. We will receive renumeration from the provider which we will clearly disclose to you before we conduct any business. We will provide all documentation to you electronically and in hard copy if required.
- We will set & agree realistic timescales with you. If we believe we will not meet the agreed timescale, we will contact you and keep you informed.
- We will update you weekly with the progress in your application. If required, we will agree to contact you 3 months before your mortgage deal expires in order to offer further advice at that time.
- We will ensure that you understand your options and ask for you to confirm this to us to ensure the product meets your needs.
- We will always return your telephone calls within 24 hours during working hours.
- We will ask for feedback from you of your experience in dealing with AFFS. We will ask you to complete a satisfaction questionnaire when you have concluded any transaction with us to ensure we have met with your expectations and delivered on our promises to you.
- We pride ourselves on offering the best service to our clients. To this end we do not subscribe to any “panel” lenders or insurers ensuring you receive advice from “whole of market” not limited providers
Before providing any formal financial advice we will ask you to sign the following Terms of Business Agreement:
TERMS OF BUSINESS AGREEMENT
ARMED FORCES FINANCIAL SERVICES
1.1 We offer independent financial advice, but occasions can arise where we, or one of our other customers, will have some form of interest in the business that we are transacting for you. If this happens, or we become aware that our interests or those of one of our other customers conflict with your interests, we will inform you in writing and obtain your consent before we carry out your instructions.
1.2 AFFS is Directly Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. We do not charge a fee for HM Forces or Civil Service employees.
1.3 When we have arranged any products for which you have given instructions, we will not give you any further advice unless you request it, but will be glad to advise you at any time you ask us to do so. Should you require further advice please contact us.
2. Client Assets
2.1 We will register all products in your name unless otherwise agreed in writing. All contract notes and documents of title in respect of your products will be forwarded to you, unless otherwise instructed in writing, as soon as practicable after being received by us. Where a number of documents relating to a series of transactions are involved, we will normally retain the documents until the series is complete before forwarding them to you.
2.2 WE DO NOT HANDLE CLIENTS’ MONEY.
For all parties protection AFFS is not authorised to handle client money and in the circumstances you should never hand over cash or make cheques payable to AFFS (unless it is in respect of professional fees for the work carried out on your behalf). Further it is important that any cheques that you do need to write have the payee’s name completed in full (i.e. you do not use acronyms). Generally product providers are limited companies and as such the payee should end with “Limited” where appropriate. Please note that we cannot be held responsible for the loss of monies where the payee has not been completed correctly.
3. Contingent Fee In The Event Of Cancellation
3.1 If you subsequently cease to pay premiums on a policy that we have arranged for you and in consequence AFFS is obliged to refund commission that has been paid to us, you agree to pay AFFS the amount clawed back. We understand however, that we will not charge you a fee if you exercise your right to cancel the policy in accordance with the cancellation notice sent by the Provider.
3.2 If we recommend a policy to you that this paragraph applies, we will inform you in writing in the Suitability Letter of the maximum amount of any such fee and of the latest time at which we could charge it.
4.1 You, or we, may terminate our authority to act on your behalf under this Terms of Business Agreement at any time, without penalty. Notice of this termination must be given in writing and will take effect immediately upon receipt of the notice. Termination will not prejudice the completion of transactions already initiated on your behalf or any rights or obligations already arising.
5. Data Protection and Direct Marketing – Information held about you
5.1 In order to advise you properly, we must obtain certain information from you about your financial and personal circumstances, to assess your suitability for particular products and services.
By signing this Terms of Business Agreement:
i. You agree that the information we hold about you can be held on computer and/or paper files.
ii. You agree that any information which you give us may be disclosed to third parties (e.g. credit reference agencies and product providers) for the purpose of processing your application, servicing, administration, and regulatory purposes, or to another firm upon the sale of all or part of our business.
iii. We may pass your details to other companies associated with TIMC. You may be contacted by either them or us with details of other services that may be of interest to you. Please note that under no circumstances will we pass your details to other companies [outside of the group] for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive details from ourselves or other companies within the group, please tick this box
I/We acknowledge receipt of a Terms of Business Agreement of which the above is a copy and by my/our signature(s) confirm that I/we have read, understand, and agree to the Terms of Business Agreement. I/We also acknowledge receipt of the Key Facts documents (about the services provided by AFFS and about the cost of these services).
This Terms of Business Agreement will come into effect from the date the agreement is signed:
Signed for and on behalf of Armed Forces Financial Services:
Armed Forces Financial Services is a trading name of TIMC Independent Financial Advisers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No 439451
Registered Office: The Elwick Club, Church Road, Ashford, Kent, TN23 1RF. Tel: 01797 364666
27 – 29 Castle Street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1PT. Tel: 01304 242072
Registered in England Company No 400142